Friday, January 14, 2011

Frustration!

I am feeling frustrated! More than frustrated, irritated, mad, and very anxious. I have been working as a physical therapist assistant at a skilled nursing facility for 3 years. I work EVERY Saturday and when they call if my schedule allows. Never once, have I ever been called off from work regardless of census and/or the flu or flu-like symptoms going around. New Years Day I drove to work to only have 2 1/2 hours of work...not too happy about that! Maybe I would be able to get a tank of gas after my 401K deduction and taxes. I never complained, never said anything, just thought hmmm....maybe they are being nice b/c it is a holiday. So, last week comes and Friday night at around 6:00 my boss texts me that she doesn't need me on Saturday because the census was low and there were "flu-like" symptoms. I believed her to some degree, but thought it was odd. After all, I've been there 3 years and haven't been told not to come in. Well...last night, my lab partner text me to see if I wanted to study and practice, on Saturday, for our lab practical on Wednesday. I in turn text my boss to see if I was going to be needed. If I wasn't going to work I wanted more than 12 hours notice, and to be productive in other ways. Two hours after my text she responded that I wasn't needed on Saturday, but I could come in Friday (today) for a little bit. Really? Why? I hesitated to respond, and then told her no, for today and asked "why not Saturday". My text in return...."Erin is going to work, because census has been low and they had made cuts during the week." Erin is the new PTA they hired full time. She is on a high horse, horrible bed side manor, and to top it off has on her facebook page she is a Doctor of Physical Therapy. I totally understand, that they need to keep her happy because she is full time, but really? Why lie to me or not tell me with out me confronting the problem. I am very frustrated. I need that money for babysitting and gas. It infuriates me to no extreme as I have turned down other hours in previous months and weeks for 4 stinken hours of work. Now, I am losing hours to this girl who is claiming to the facebook world she is a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Upon graduation I wouldn't expect people to call me Doctor, I am Jenn, and everyone is to call me Jenn, but....to falsify something like that makes me mad. I am struggling, I have been miserable, unhealthy, depressed, sleep deprived, missed out on seeing my kids daily, have been in and out of the doctors for chest pain, gained 20 pounds since this program started, and NOW on ANXIETY medication for this degree, and she happily announces that she is a Doctor...I DON'T THINK SO!! I think it is time for me to start searching for other alternatives, but I am sad to have to leave a place I have been for so long and a place I am so comfortable only to start something new and add more stress to my plate. There are no more tears to cry...just a very unhappy mommy until I see my beautiful children smiling up at me and my wonderful, handsome husband, and very best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment